Skip to main content

Reply to "Go Where You are Loved"

Son's 17U summer, he had very serious interest from the first school that contacted him.  RC was at almost every game.  Had said hi to myself and son's mom and made it clear he liked what he saw.  Son had talked to him numerous times also.  HC came to see him one time...and for whatever reason didn't like what he saw.  RC continued to recruit my son, but we decided at that point that that school was going to be the "last resort" baseball wise (it was still a good school academically and fairly close).   Another school  was recruiting him, but not so serious...saw him a couple times, had him down to watch a game, etc.    He got a on July 1 (contact date that year) from a coach who said "we've seen you several times and like what we see...can you come for a visit next Tuesday?".  Sure...we went, son loved the school and told us "if they offer, I'm taking it".   Coach said "I want to see you throw one more time".  It was the following morning at 8AM, 3 hours away.  He was there...game got rained out.  He told us "I talked to your coach, you'll throw tonight".   6PM game...he was there....son threw one inning 3K's on 11 pitches.  Coach waved as he left.  An hour later, we had an email that said "I'm going to work on numbers tonight, call me in the morning, we'll talk about your future in our program".     He called in the morning, was offered and that was it....start to finish in 5 days.