Skip to main content

Reply to "Go Where You are Loved"

Chico Escuela posted:
baseballmom posted:

Chico, these aren't rules. 

As per OP's question for the meaning of "Go where you are loved", those 2 items factored into my son's decision. He was D-1 material & it worked out well. No small thing that his Coach at the time had helped 34 players get drafted, which was a big plus for son...making it 35 players drafted! lol...Pro ball was son's goal...dream...And he was fortunate enough to see it thru, with Grace from above, lots of hard work & immeasurable determination & perseverance. 

Sounds like your son is a very talented player--certainly more talented than mine.  Which is why I wrote my post--the suggestion that if a coach "loves" your kid, he will offer a scholarship isn't advice that fits the situations of quite a few folks.  I wouldn't want those who may be brand new to the recruiting process (that was me not long ago at all) to get a mistaken impression.  Too many baseball parents think incorrectly that their kids are playing for free rides to college.  Many college players won't be able to measure a team's interest by looking at scholarship offers. 

I understand where you are going but if there is athletic money available and you get none you are not truly loved. If there is none and no one gets any then it is how much do they help you get other money or get in school.  If there is no time or money invested then no love. 

I say in sermons all the time.  Show me your checking account and your calendar and I will show you what’s important to you.  Where you spend your time and money is where your love is.  Whether recruiting or dating or life.