Skip to main content

Reply to "Golden Posts"

Somehow CaCO3's nomination of PLAYWITHEFFORT's delightful bit of self reflection got lost in my inbox:

Thank God my son isn't watching me work this morning. I can already hear it now.

"Dad, why are you going to get another coffee now? Why didn't you have it refilled when you went and grabbed that donut? What? Now you have to go to the bathroom? Why didn't you go before you got here? Your boss is going to think you can't get your act together. You never know who's watching".

You looked a little tired walking in as well. Keep your appearance up as soon as you get out of the car and don't carry your sports coat over your shoulder. Respect the workplace. You need to look "buttoned up" as soon as you step onto the company parking lot".

"BTW, I was watching you work on your power point presentation. You know you have a big meeting with a customer on Monday. Hey relax...The only pressure is the pressure you put on yourself. I'm sure you will do a great job!

Anyway, I think you need to work on your approach with the powerpoint. If you would just right click and go to the properties of the object you could use the size and position properties to get your process flow arrows lined up easier.

Do you remember that from the class training you went to last fall?

It will save you time and it's an easy way to keep your deck looking professional. Let me know if you want to get some lessons on it again. I know a guy from the Microsoft product team that worked on the application and I think I can get you in with him the next time we are in Seattle."

"I have to go now dad. My friends are here. So, if you need a Gatorade, you'll have to get it yourself. See you at lunch!

Hey, have some fun in there!"