Skip to main content

Reply to "Good Article on Early Commitment"

justbaseball posted:
bigcubbiefan posted:

My best friends son recently committed as a Senior for D1 football...was recruited by several schools but not hounded until he "committed" then everyone came calling...my limited experience , baseball coaches respect the commitment at least a little more than football. 

I agree, but this too is changing.

A few coaches are now being paid over $1M.  The stakes are higher than ever, especially with things like conference realignment still on the table.  A table that is now spreading wider than just football and basketball success.

I already know of a case or two where 'committed' baseball players continued to be pursued and you might even be surprised by who.  This practice will only grow.  You can count on it.

By the time the conference realignment dust settles there could be four conferences with two eight team divisions. The revenue for football will be huge. Athletic departments could have more money. College baseball is growing. It could become big. Already $15-20M college baseball stadiums are becoming the norm for recruiting.