Skip to main content

Reply to "Good Player Weak Program"

Thanks for your thoughts, RJM. I am new here and was browsing other topics and the one that got my attention was about Penn State University baseball. Such a good school and such a weak program. That got me thinking about how a program that has been weak so long under the current leadership and how they could improve. You may have hit the nail of the head as your related your son's experience in high school with a new coach.

Would any good player chose to go to a weak college baseball program that had the same coach now as in the weak years? It seems that some players are still being recruited and accept.   What is the thinking there. Is the thought that the education you get at Penn State is so much better that a losing baseball record just doesn't matter? Is the thought that a good player will be found to go to the next level even at a weak baseball school?

How could the a coach who has continued to lose hope to turn things around? Does anyone have a feeling about how a weak program goes about convincing kids to come without a change in coaching? Other than winning on the field what can a losing coach say that will get better players than in the past to come play for him?