Skip to main content

Reply to "Goodbye My good friends"

I was off today and had time to reflect on the news that Bob will soon pull the plug on the website. Bob is a good friend and I respect his decision. I can only guess how difficult a decision it was for him, knowing how the sites closure felt to me, I’m sure it was tenfold for him.

I don’t want to name everyone because I may miss someone, but it is amazing the friendships we have developed over the years. These friendships cross many boundaries and countless miles, but it does not diminish the value. We have shared the good and the bad; helped our sons through injuries and were there no matter any outcome. Can I put a value on these last few years? I think not.

The knowledge from the information Bob shared with all us and that gained from other individuals has helped more than will ever really be known. We all hope to make a difference in our life and Bob has his accomplished with this site over the past years. Bob, THANK YOU!

To my good friends in the Tennessee forum (and that one Bama); we’ve had that place humming more than a few times. Is there anything we didn’t cover when it came to baseball in our state? There couldn’t have been much! We had a special first round draft pick and many championship teams with parents drop by the site. Ray-Bans was born, TN-Scout-For Real started the hunt for instate talent, The Recruitinator is know far and wide, Bubba is in a class all his own and HiwasseeVol keeps the Big Orange in check.. We have started more than a few days with a laugh after checking in the forum. Best of all we have gotten to follow our sons on their path and it’s much better not to do it alone. It just doesn’t get any better that what we have had in our forum. For that, I THANK YOU ALL!

I also want to thank the Ladies. Bob gave them a special place and they are quite a group and a great addition here. Jolly, I remember one that gave you a run for your money!

There are many with more baseball knowledge than me that have stayed and offered advice to the greenhorns that turned up every year. You are the special ones here. THANK YOU ALL!

I have many email addresses and will stay in touch. For any that might not have mine, it is HiwasseeVol@comcast.net I still want to follow each and very son, don’t leave me out of the loop.

THANKS TO ALL....