Skip to main content

Reply to "GPA- Division I schools"

No Bear, I do not know what you mean.

As a parent of another ACC student, the admissions criteria at his school for students is well above 3.0 and an average for SAT 1250. I would say my son's admission requirements
were almost to those standards. Most importantly he is able to keep up with academics, well above 3.0. Many of the state universities are RAISING their course standards, and do remember that each recruit is evaluated differently. I agree with VA, it's just not only a Maryland thing going on here.

My son's friend attended Duke and in the bb program, a 4.3 with almost a 1300 SAT. He was barely able up keep up with his classes. Duke teaches on a 1300 SAT level. I can't see a student with a 950 and 2.8 having an easy time. Most of the other ACC schools do not teach on that level.

I have posted this before, find out what level courses are taught at each school, according to new SAT requirements. You can find this out by speaking with anyone in the admissions department. If they teach at a 1200 SAT level and the student has a 960, as intense as the bb programs are, I would think twice whether I would want mine to struggle on the field and in the classroom. Another good question to ask, what is the TEAM average GPA. If you get above 3.0 answer, then you know that the coach desires results off the field also.
Last edited by TPM