Skip to main content

Reply to "GPA- Division I schools"

I think we all kinda know the answers. If we look in the Princeton review at the avg admissions requirements for the freshman class then look at what our kids have/had, then we know the answer is yes, there are some exceptions. Every program that spoke with us from the top conferences down, all had a few spots that they had wiggle room with. My son was not a 1250 guy either but he did very well and had a very good GPA. (My younger son needs the kick) Many doors were opened because of his grades and he had no admissions issues.

I do know for a fact that MD was recruiting a player and backed off because of his grades and he had no problem with 8-10 other schools making offers of which none were ACC. He did sign a NLI with a top conference team.

We had one school admit a player academically and tell him he still had to take the SAT 2 more times, not for admission purposes but because they know each time you take them you go up a little and this would help the avg freshman SAT for the school.

No coach wants to lose a player, scholarship and spot due to poor grades. Yes, it happens.
Last edited by Coach Merc