Skip to main content

Reply to "Grades to play JuCo"

Observer 44,
Great post and some great info.Really important point about the remedial classes, and that is why many JC players have to go to JC three years.
As far as knowing if your a qualifier, if you go onto the NCAA and sign in there is a place to check your sons status.It will say wheter or not he is a qualifier.
It is hard to know exactly what classes transfer, as some schools are different,but we stuck with IGETSCE and so far all schools that have looked at his transcrips,say all his classes transfer.
It is tough when your son does not know what he wants to major in.And it is hard to go back and esp. do business if you havent taken any of the pre reqs.
I agree with O44 about living at home the first year.It is a lot to handle.
I think all athletes in HS, should be attempting to be a quailifier out of HS if possible.
I helped my son choose his first year of classes.If you go with the Engcomp A and B, a solid math class,Speech,etc.all the HAVE TO HAVE classes to transfer youll be ok.Its when kids jump all over the place and waste units that they get into trouble.
I am sure many kids lose a few clases here and there when they transfer.Its hard when you dont know what you want to do, or where you want to go.