Skip to main content

Reply to "Great Camp...Now what?"

Update to the original post....

2 weeks after the camp, one coach from a good D-1 school e-mailed and asked for son to call him. The e-mail included cell phone number and that the coach saw him "do very well at the camp." Son called immediately and coach answered indicating that he would call him back that evening....son waited but no return call that evening. Son waited until next day, still no call from coach. Son decided to text coach asking what would be a good time to call. Again, no response to the text message. It was very strange since the original coach e-mail was very personal and included his cell and request for a call. This was over a week ago now and still nothing. 

I advised my son that if this school really wanted/liked him, the coach would have called or at least replied to the text by now (over a week later). No hard feelings - just move on and keep working until the next opportunity. 

This was the only contact that emanated from the camp. There is another young man that hit extremely well and he also has received zero feedback from the camp. It really is too bad because he to is a great kid and a solid mid level D-1 type (only my opinion of course).

Another valley in the recruiting journey. 

WCP