Skip to main content

Reply to "Great Camp...Now what?"

fenwaysouth posted:
WestCoastPapa posted:

Update to the original post....

I advised my son that if this school really wanted/liked him, the coach would have called or at least replied to the text by now (over a week later). No hard feelings - just move on and keep working until the next opportunity. 

Another valley in the recruiting journey. 

WCP

WCP - Those that have been through this process know this is a bitter pill to swallow at first.  I've been in your shoes, and it is maddening that an adult figure (presumably responsible) would treat a young person in this manner.   You provided the exact advice that I provided my son when this happened to him countless times during his recruitment. 

The truth of the matter is that my son handled it much better than I did as the parent.   I hope your son is fortunate enough to play against the coach/school that treated him poorly.  My son was very fortunate (twice in one season), and one of those games was the game of a lifetime.   Move on, but never forget.   ;-)

As always, JMO.   Best of luck!

+1.  Had a situation where a P5 coach emailed my son and told him to call him on his cell, the night of the showcase.  By the time my son saw the email that evening, it was a bit late - so he called the coach back the next day, then emailed him back the next week and called him again.  No response at all.  Ghosted without even talking once lol!  Not a good way to treat anyone.  The good thing is that our son is not hugely interested in the school (it being a P5 though he certainly wanted to at least look into it).   Oh well.