Skip to main content

Reply to "Great Move by the Valley League"

Originally Posted by lefthookdad:

Glad to hear that.  My sons teammate played up there last summer, so my son has decided that is where he wants to play next summer.

LeftHook,

That is a great decision, Thanks to some advice/Help from HokieOne and his Head coach and pitching coach, he was able to play out there last summer. As a D3 pitcher he was able to start one of the most important games of the summer against the eventual champion, Waynesboro.

It was probably one of the most Memorable starts of his career. He went 9 innings gave up 5 hits, walked 2 and struck out 7. He struck out the side to end the 9th. The Valley league is a wonderful league to play in and the country is beautiful. 

Hokie, this is great news from a parents viewpoint. We had our son home all of 2 days before sending him off to Va for the summer. And in that time he was more interested in seeing his friends and running around than hanging out with Mom and Dad. I think the time he was home I heard "whats for dinner" more than any other words out of his mouth. . We also only had him home for a week before he had to report back to school. Same scenario, "Whats for Dinner", I have to meet my friends.

Last edited by BishopLeftiesDad