Skip to main content

Reply to "Great News!!"

Actually, they weren't "my" numbers. They were the US government's. Granted, for 2000, but the latest available from the census bureau.

The same comment could be made about the numbers you quoted (hence my previous intro with the Disraeli quote Wink) A book or "study" which quoted numbers from where: all US colleges? Private only? Public only? A sample? Who chose the sample? (And what was their agenda? Ms. Sommers is hardly a neutral academic!)

How far were those numbers broken down? Although I suspect you won't like the source, (but in the name of Balance you took one from the Right, so I'll take one from the Left Wink) this article's "numbers" (with as much validity as any other's) suggests the sector responsible for the biggest gap in college attendance by gender is households with income under $30,000....where males have higher-paid factory or skill jobs available to them after hs, but females would be in lower-paid sales or service jobs without college. There is more gender-parity at the $70,000 income and above level. This seems a reasonable analysis to me.

Of course, I liked the article because it poses the same thought I addressed to you earlier in the thread:

"I do hope you were as concerned, its, when the females were at the 45% level."

The implication in the article is that some colleges are now and more will in future adjust their entrance requirements to attract more males. But Title IX is So Wrong to have done that in favor of women.....oh, I do get so confused.... pull_hair

Too Many Women In College?

Ah, a lot of young dudes....but not "All The Young Dudes" Whatever happened to Mott the Hoople?
Last edited by Orlando