Skip to main content

Reply to "Great News!!"

This is the first time I have looked at this thread.....and though I am not going to do any of the research, I'm sure there are several reasons that women now outnumber men on our college campuses.....and none of those reasons have anything to do with lack of opportunities for men.

I will guess at some things.....sorry again I do not have any research to back these guesses......but I would guess that the retention rate for women is higher than it is for men, that in general college aged women are better at setting and achieving goals then college aged men, that more college aged women have appropriate levels of commitment and self-motivation than college aged men, and that a significant number of women attending college in the USA today are non-traditional aged college women who may have sacrificed their education due to family obligations (or many other possible reasons) when they were younger. The non-traditional student population has exploded in the past decade or so; I am willing to bet that a great majority of those students are women.

If the NCAA has added two scholarships to the D-I limit for women's s****r, then that is great.....they did not take away any men's baseball scholarships to do that. I just don't see a problem with that.....and if I did I just might try to influence people who are in positions to make decisions. I am willing to bet most of us here do not make those decisions.
Last edited by grateful