Skip to main content

Reply to "Green Parent Question"

@Dadof3 posted:

Adbono, any examples of something significant?

i imagine if he does a showcase that posts numbers and they are good he could post that, but what else?  Should he “tag” anyone?

I also have a different take on twitter.   With my son's recruitment (2024 RHP), twitter had no impact on the process.  Also, I think that context matters with this issue.  My son was not a PG All World stud pitcher like everyone else on this message board.   None of the Power five school showed any interest whatsoever.   My son is "highly projectable" but wasn't blowing people away at showcases with 92 plus MPH fastballs.   My son did have two D1 offers and signed with a low D1 school, but he had to work for it.   Twitter offered no help in that regard.  What did help was getting some film of his game performances against quality opposition.  In our case, my son was invited by his travel team to pitch as a Jr. at the Perfect Game World Championships in Jupiter.  He performed very well, had good stats from that performance and was able to get some film of his outing.   Once he had some data and film, he selected a handful of school that he should be a viable candidate for.   My son is not a power five pitcher and he knew that so he didn't waste time sending his emails to colleges in the top 25.    When he sent emails to the addresses that were published he received no response.   We also purchased an NCSA account (lowest level) that had an email option through there service.   While none of the coaches responded to their public email, several coaches responded when he sent emails via the NCSA account.   From there conversations were had via text message and personal phone calls.     

I think that twitter is fine, but I don't believe that coaches are scouting twitter looking for prospects.  However, I could be wrong.  This is just our families experience.