Skip to main content

Reply to "Green Parent Question"

@Consultant posted:

Baseball04;

During the 17 years of Area Code Baseball and Goodwill Series Int'l, our Coaches {Pro Scouts] were concerned of players and parents who practiced self promotion. It was a "red flag".

Maybe the player can present a diary of "What he learned today from the game".

HOW THE LESSONS LEARNED IN BASEBALL CAN HELP HIS FUTURE LIFE GOALS.

Bob

When my son developed enough relationship with a college coach to get his cell phone number, he started texting him. His last year of high school baseball he rode home with us and sat in the back seat sending individual texts to more coaches than we really realized. They all centered around — here's my stats from the game, here's things I thought went well and here's some things I really want to work on. Coaches learned that he not only could pitch, but that he was interested in getting better and was insightful about his own performance. He NEVER said anything negative about another player, even to the coach who told him "every player on your team is worthy of being recruited, except that guy on third who allowed the winning run to score."

That was six years ago and things have changed. Now he posts videos of what he's working on in the gym on tik tok along with tips for younger players or occasional promos for brands that send him stuff that he likes and uses.