Skip to main content

Reply to "Green Parent Question"

@adbono posted:

I imagine you know all this but I’m using your post as a way to put this out there for others that may not know . Kids and parents should understand the difference between head count sports and equivalency sports as it relates to recruiting. Football and basketball are head count sports. They produce revenue and they offer full scholarships to their athletes. In those sports postings about offers is accepted by coaches because it isn’t viewed as a player angling for a better offer. That is not the case in baseball. Baseball is still treated as an equivalently sport (although some SEC programs definitely make money), which by definition means that they are funded by football & basketball. In baseball, full athletic scholarships are virtually unheard of - scholarship players are on partials and there are a limited number of those. So when a HS baseball player makes a SM post about an offer it’s interpreted by the baseball world as that player shopping his offer. No matter what his intent, coaches will think the player is trying to leverage a better deal. At our JuCo we have pulled offers from players that have posted about offers. So I would strongly advise against doing it.

Good responses but as usual adbono is right on the money with his advice.