Skip to main content

Reply to "Greenies "some pill pros take""

quote:
Originally posted by CTMetros21:
I have never heard of anything you are talking about and the pitching coach on my team pitched in the majors. My personal trainer also played minor league ball for the D-Rays and has never mentioned any of this to me. I think the player on your high school team told you this when he was on something because it makes no sense. Professional pitchers are PROFESSIONAL. Its not like they are throwing 105 MPH, most throw low 90's and hit their spots consistently and the good ones can also throw two off speed pitches for strikes at any time. I don't see how a "speed" substance could help them in any way. It my opinion it would only hurt them and this is how rumors can get started, by ignorant kids making up stories.

And I know you are referring to Bonds with "roids". Bonds is listed at 6'2" 230-235 lbs. Terrel Owens is 6'3" 230 and is wide receiver in the NFL. How come its OK for a football player to be that big and its not for a baseball player to be that big. Everyone complains about how its easier to put on weight when they get older. Bonds could have just added muscle with an intense training routine and normal supplements that you can go buy at GNC for very little. He really isn't THAT big compared to a football player. He is big compared to baseball players though. Everybody freaks out because Bonds' got stronger and then broke the home run record. They cry steroids but fail to mention he probably has the most efficient swing in the history of the game.

There is no Speed substance used in the majors by pitchers.

Terrell, in his peak years (25), weighed that much.
Barry, in his older age (35), is an inch shorter, and a couple pounds heavier.

However, it would be stupid to assume that Terrell is not using as well, simply because he plays football. Chances are nearly all pro athletes are juicing. All Olympic level competitors are (sprinters, etc.). If some were using and some weren't, then those who weren't would be unable to remain anywhere close to those who were.