Skip to main content

Reply to "Guest players"

I have a 2024 LHP/1B in southeast PA.  He started to get invites to guest play at large national events last fall, and several programs have contacted him recently about events this coming summer.  The calls come from a need for pitching, with expectations for DH/EH when he is not pitching.  Much of the initial contact starts on Instagram when interested teams direct message my son.

My son now has three years of performance history with PG for all to see at perfectgame.org.  He gradually built his "PG resume" while playing with his local club at regional PG tournament events. IMO, the initial interest starts with his PG Player Profile. Additionally, we started making video a priority last summer - my son will post highlight clips on his Instagram story, I will post much of the video on a YouTube channel ready to share when the next call comes.

As a family we can only fund so many trips to GA and FL each year with our finite $ and limited PTO.  We are trying to get more organized so that we can be proactive and targeted about which national scout teams would create the most positive exposure for my player.  As both @22and25 and @TerribleBPthrower advise, we will be getting in contact with some of the teams he wants to play for and send them video. Our focus is now on events in the Aug through Oct calendar.

Last edited by mjd-dad