Skip to main content

Reply to "Gulf Coast CC"

Slickfielder, From what I have heard from my son, he is very pleased with the program there. Coaching staff is very good. Feedback from my son is that the pitching coach is giving him the best instruction that he has ever had.
Coach Mazeroski seems to have the team in top physical condition. Lots of workout ethics there. I have not seen the team play but from what I hear they will be very good this year in regular season play.

Academics are very good. Son has had to study very hard to keep his 3.5 average going. I fear that he may have bit off more than he could chew this semester as far as work load. He assures me that he can handle it though.

Tight knit group of players that spend a lot of off time together. Fishing seems to be big with some of them.

Coach Mazeroski's Dad shows up at the field to chew on a cigar and watch.

PCDad is another father of a player there and maybe because they live there he would be better at an on site report. Mike Scott is also there and knows the program very well.

The conference is always strong. Some very good talent throughout. One of the best in the country.It seems to be a magnet to DFE kids out of HS. I think there are seven on the GCCC team.

"Everybody kind of perceives me as being angry. It's not anger, it's motivation." Roger Clemens
Last edited {1}