Skip to main content

Reply to "HA D1 communication"

Don't expect things to change that much after Sept. 1st.  You may STILL not know whether the school/coach is interested or it's just a money grab. Or you are 1 of x they are interested in. Or they could be gauging your interest in them. They don't want to work too hard recruiting you unless they know its reciprocal. And by paying for their camp you are showing interest.  As you will find repeatedly on this site, you will know true interest when you see/experience it. Everything else is just a camp invite.  They may or may not be interested. You can pay big $$$ for a head coach academic camp and then just get camp invites afterwards.  The head coach who saw your son there texts him directly and states how much he enjoyed watching him play--then invites him to his $$ camp at his school the following week. So what do you do? Pay more $$ right after that coach (the one who makes the decisions) saw him play at the $$$ head coach academic camp? My response was to have my son thank him and tell him he couldn't make it.  I would think if they were truly interested they would work a little harder on their "sell". That being said, if it was a top-school choice for my son then perhaps we would have attended the school's camp.