Skip to main content

Reply to "HA D1 communication"

PABaseball posted:
Ripken Fan posted:
PABaseball posted:

When you say HA D1s I assume you mean Patriot, Ivy, some of the Colonial, etc. Because Duke, Vandy, UNC, and Stanford are all HA as well and none of them are too concerned about the Sept 1 date. 

Duke has been known to send out an email blast to a wide list of those of interest at 12:01Am on September 1st.

I won't deny that they communicate shortly after midnight on the 1st, but the 10 2021 commits and 3 2022 commits would tell me they aren't gearing up for the beginning of their recruitment cycle on the night of the 31st. Sounds like more of a formality than anything. 

I would agree with this. Duke was the first school to ever reach out to my son ( texted club coach during game, came to game the next day) and asked him to call.  They started talking weekly after that.  It was summer after freshman year, so he was 15.  They only saw him because they had a 15 year old commit on the team we were playing.

He was also talking to Stanford and Vanderbilt way before September 1.  My son is a rising senior so I think things have just sped up over the last 3-4 years.  They all say they hate early recruiting but they all do it.