Skip to main content

Reply to "hard lesson learned from Duke incident"

All good posts. We all know that our children are going to have to make decisions that are tough to make. It is a fact at some point and time they are going to be caught in a certain situation that is going to cause them to have to make choices. We as parents can only hope and pray that they make the right choices. We can only give them our wisdom from what we have encountered in life and hope that they listen and understand. But if they do happen to stumble or get accused of wrongdoing we have to support them and be there for them regardless of the situation. And we have to remember that they are human. I have no idea if these Duke student athletes did or did not do what they are accused of. I hope they did not. But their parents can only support them and be there for them in this time of need. I have always said you dont have to just learn from your mistakes you can learn from others mistakes and then you will not have to suffer the consequences that others have to. My biggest issue with this Duke situation is that the media has almost convicted these young men already. At least from around here right at Duke and Durham it is very troubling the way the local media has handled this. Correct me if Im wrong but are you not innocent untill proven guilty? Again I hope it did not take place as described. If it did they should be punished thats for sure. But if it did not what a terrible situation and ordeal these young men have had to go through. I for one would like to see all the facts come out before we see photos and kids in handcuffs on TV. JMHO