Skip to main content

Reply to "Harper & Machado"

I don't get it - IMO more flash and less substance.  Harper has flashes of brilliance, thinks very highly of himself, but his down periods are really down. Machado has a ton of talent, but once your heart and hustle are questioned publicly by teammates during the playoffs it's hard to "unsee" that by others. BTW: During the series run, there were a couple of times I saw Orioles branded merch under his Dodger uni. Additionally, his "inadvertent steps" on *two* players feet doesn't go unnoticed. In the long run, I think Harper will get his or shall I say his agent will make a big enough stank that some baseball team will open their wallet to avoid having MLB being placed under the collusion cloud. I don't see Machado getting long term deal from Yanks. They like their shortstop. Unlike ARod - moving Machado to 3B when Gregorius returns is less likely as for some reason ;-) they like Adujar. If NYY offers him - he may once again have to earn his next deal.  If the Dodgers offer him they do so as an insurance policy for Seager, but they too may try a short term deal. Take two top money providers out plus someone paying Harper before him and I would think Machado's options are limited.  Maybe it's just me though.