Skip to main content

Reply to "Harvard Play To Win Camp"

I've been asked to comment, but to be honest, I don't have a black-and-white, right or wrong answer to this one.

Generally...usually...I hate to see one of the parents on this board get "knocked" for talking about their kid. Most of us came here in the first place to try to help our sons advance and make the most of their love of baseball. And many of us have made the mistake a time or two of focusing a bit too much on our own kid...I know I have! But I also honestly enjoy reading about the accomplishments of "our" sons in most cases.

On the other hand, I do understand that when one parent seems to focus on their own kid time after time...whether in the stands at a baseball game, or on an Internet message board...other parents start to notice, and some get annoyed. At the game they might walk away with a shrug; on a message board they might choose to stop reading another parent's posts, or post feedback to the parent about the frequency of that particular type of post.

That probably wasn't much help, but I think this situation is pretty much "self-regulating" by virtue of the opinions already expressed...

Julie