Skip to main content

Reply to "Harvard Play To Win Camp"

I'd just like to make one post on this thread and that will be it. I'll sit back in amazement after that.

The list of showcases that Dolphin dad has listed is marginal at best, besides anything that has PG in front of it.

Dolphin dad, Let me give you the best piece of advice given to you on this whole thread if you think your kid is one of the elite or thinks he can play at the highest collegiate level. Get him on a team that will be playing at the PG WBBA in Jupiter in October. The reason I say he should be attending that event is because the BEST collection of hs baseball talent in the U.S. will be assembled in Jupiter on that weekend, hands down. It will be the biggest collection of pro scouts and college recruiters you have seen in your life, hands down. If junior can compete and do well down there you will have plenty to talk about. Two years ago my son competed with the Sparks and threw the first game of pool play for them against an East Cobb team (not the Astros). He threw 5+ innings of no hit ball against them and was offered two seperate 75% scolarships on the spot. Another poster's son who was drafted last year also did very well down there. Your son (and yourself) will find out real quick where the proverbial bear downloads in the woods.

You obviously can tell he is not draft material at this point and I would agree, mid 80's isnt draft material. But you have talked about Ivy league schools on a couple different occasions. My question is.....Why are you sending him to a Purdue camp? You are basically paying a school to look at him. No offense to Purdue people or any other school in the Big Ten, especially Northwestern, it is a big step down academically from an Ivy league school to the Big Ten. What gives with that?

BTW, you can ask me questions whenever you want, but it will only be in pm forum, not on the message board.