Skip to main content

Reply to "Has anyone ever seen a PG grade of less than 7?"

Originally Posted by CaCO3Girl:

Thank you everyone for responding.  All of your points make a lot of sense.  I guess I always thought of PG grades as VERY accurate, and assumed if you get a 9 or a 10 you are going to play in college.  I had never seen the verbal explanation of what the numbers mean.

The thing that made my head glitch is the idea of some 2016 going to a showcase getting a 6 and because of that 6 he thinks he can and will play in college.  We battle on this board so much about parents wearing rose colored glasses....I wonder how many people have viewed their kids PG score and thought a 6 or a 7 proved they were good enough to play in college because that is what the explanation of the numbers says.

I'm not arguing whether or not the grade is accurate...I'm arguing whether or not the explanations are accurate, or if they just give false hope.

Did you see the new list of explanations I posted a few posts back?  The new list is much more representative of what is going on, at least I think it is.  If you missed it, here it is again.

Perfect Game USA's Player Rating System

10 Potential very high draft pick and/or Elite level college prospect 
9 Potential top 10 round pick and/or highest level college prospect 
8 Potential draft pick and/or excellent college prospect 
7 College prospect, possible future draft pick with development 
6 Potential college prospect 
5 Possible College prospect and/or possible HS varsity 
4 HS JV 
3 Possible HS JV 
2 No prospect at this time 
1 The game is too dangerous