Skip to main content

Reply to "Has anyone used mike epstein hitting system"

quote:
Originally posted by Zeninfinity:
I have used it with my son who is now 12. We started with doing video lessons with Mike and Jake over the internet. Then we went to an Epstein hitting camp and met a great instructor of the Epstein hitting method.

I took video tape of my sons progress here on my channel http://www.youtube.com/user/BaseballDadsGoneWild

We started September 12th 2009. That first video is without any instruction, his hand eye was very good, but as you can see his mechanics are poor. Click "see all" under uploads. The videos are in chronological order.

Flash forward to March 2010. As you can see lots of tilting (head and spine), back arching etc. I would say this has to do with a weak core. I think many younger kids do not have the strength to fully do the technique correctly....have patience, your son or daughter will get stronger.

We just had a lesson this past Sunday, it is the feature video on the page. Not perfect, but it's looking a lot better than it was last March!!!

Results last year were great! Can't wait for the season to start!

At the end of the day, the Epstein Method is well, for lack of a better word, methodical. They have seen so many hitters that they have a fix for every problem/challenge with your cut.

It's easy to critique a hitters swing. It's a whole other deal to be able to have the means (read drills) to fix it. The Epsteins excell ih this area.