Skip to main content

Reply to "Has Anyone Used Or Is Using a College Sports Recruiting Service?"

cabbagedad posted:
Trust In Him posted:

This article appeared in a Los Angeles Newspaper a few days ago.  

http://www.dailynews.com/sport...-consulting-services

I never used a service for my son but did consider it.  Thought this might be helpful for parents and players.  We've all been through the "what ifs", anxiety, and second guessing.  Some friends swore by it as engraved in stone, some negatively, majority had no idea.  Son was approached in 9th grade and every year after that until 3 months before he graduated high school by 4 agencies.

Trust In Him,

Thanks for posting.  This is a topic that comes up here frequently and I think the general consensus echo's what Buckeye and Gov are saying... that with the proper resources, i.e. HSBBW  , a recruit and his family can do things better on their own.  It seems that the agencies/services are going the path of travel ball... more and more diluted product flooding the market making it hard to find the  good stuff if you don't really know where to look.  As result, I think more and more of the correspondence from agency to school is immediately "circular filed".   

What was your experience?  Did you end up using any of those agencies?

No, didn't use any agencies.  Sorry if this was posted previously, still learning the ropes here  .