Skip to main content

Reply to "Has Anyone Used Or Is Using a College Sports Recruiting Service?"

I know the St. Brown dad still swears by this recruiting service guy.  His kids are/were in the top 250 of all high school football players nationwide and highly sought after prospects.  Amon Ra St. Brown is currently ranked the 11th best overall high school football prospect at any position by 247sports.   Talk about not needing any help AND still spending (wasting IMO) the $$$.

Every sport has recruiting services either online or with a more "personal" touch.  Some, like NCSA or berecruited, are used for any sport.  Waste of time and money IMHO.  The vast majority of high school kids seeking to play in college are not going to be "found" or highly sought after like the St. Brown's.  Most kids aren't going to be "found" by coaches perusing a recruiting web site.  And in my experience, college coaches generally want to see players compete in person.  Most coaches aren't going to take the opinion of some guy from a recruiting service who's representing specific  players.

The beauty of this site is it's a living do it yourself guide for baseball players.

Most high school kids need to have a plan to engage "their" colleges.  I work with kids/families across all sports for free...I enjoy seeing kids get to play at the next level.   The #1 thing I recommend is fishing in the right pond.  Start by creating a vetted list of schools where that student-athlete fits academically AND athletically.  It's also the biggest hurdle as so many families over estimate their kid's athletic and academic prowess.  But that's another story...