Skip to main content

Reply to "has high school ball become irrelevant?"

quote:
Kids with talent and no money how do they get seen, besides legion and hs ball? Just wondering?

If your son has the ability to play at the next level, and you don't think he is going to get seen at HS or legion, don't forget about the JC route. I know many people want their boys at a 4 year school rt away but there are a lot of spots on many rosters for JC players.My son went to some showcases, got minimal interest.Played a year at a local JC and got tons of interest.

My son played legion ball and it was a so much fun.Very good team.My son wasn't invited to our local CLUB team.They went after the big names in the area.My son received a substantial scolly at a great academic school.There are more ways to get there.

Many of these boys who go to these D1 schools rt out of HS, MANY leave after the first year.Many have no idea what it is like, they are no longer the BIG fish they are now like a minnow in a stream of talent.

I wish parents could just enjoy their boys play, wherever they are.So much focus on who is seeing you. So much stress. I know I stressed to but its not worth it.

Lots of college baseball out there.D1 isn't the only good baseball being played.I have talked to kids at all levels that are very happy.Many being GREAT athletes out of HS.At D3, D2, NAIA.

Just don't forget to enjoy the process, the family time with your son, and not just so focused on the results.

Lots of families don't have money right now.The economy is horrible.Dont stress about it.it will all work itself out.