Skip to main content

Reply to "Haverford"

Chico Escuela posted:
old_school posted:
Chico Escuela posted:
old_school posted:

Old School, I hope it was clear I was just kidding around with my comment about Haverford's conference record.  I like the college, but I know next to nothing about the baseball program other than that I hear good things about the HC and I know they have a number of alumni in MLB front offices.

I'm curious though:  When you say I might be surprised what is out there--do you mean surprised positively or negatively (by the level of play, I think you mean? or something else?)?  I have seen almost no D3 baseball, so I really don't know what to expect.

You might be surprised how good it is. Many people don't understand even on this forum. The comments made sometimes while not necessarily intentional are just uninformed and cheapen what the game is. From the commitment required, to the time demanded, to the effort put in from the players. Even comments like  "most decent HS player"

Maybe I misunderstood how the decent is being used but the lineups I see day after day at the D3 level are filled with HS guys who were first team players...not my definition of decent. Pitching depth is really the biggest glaring weakness. 

Whatever it is all good.