Skip to main content

Reply to "Haverford"

baseball mom2020 posted:

A little off topic but - my son has had interest from HA very low D1 and several HA D3 Nescac. Yesterday while talking to someone (whose kid played baseball in college) they said go for the D1 because D3 is pretty much "club" baseball and he will never get noticed. I don't think thats true but its left this nagging thought in the back of my mind. So with academics being pretty equal is it better to play in a very low D1vs high Nescac?

My point, thank you.

Baseballmom, if you son is being recruited by a low level HA D1 and Nescac who do you want him to get noticed by? 

How do you define "better to play" what is the grading criteria? So much of it is an individual choice and preference but playing low level D1 HA will probably get you a record of 15-40 or so and having your teeth kicked in for the first 5 weeks of the season by teams totally out of your league...how does that sound for better? 

Edit - "D3 is pretty much "club" baseball and he will never get noticed."- sorry but this comment by whomever you were talking to is just inaccurate and to be honest stupid. I have a son playing D3 baseball and a 2nd one playing D1 club baseball, they aren't the same, they aren't close and your informant doesn't know a damn thing about what they speak. 

Last edited by old_school