Skip to main content

Reply to "Head Coach Retention and the problem with Early Commitments"

I like the data about the coaching carousel by division.  I would be curious to know whether the length of tenure for each division is similar or different.  For example, for all the talk of "coaches need to win or they get fired", there are plenty of long-tenured coaches in D3 whose teams don't win that much.  I'm sure there is no real way to break it down into "fired", "moved to a higher position," or "retired at the end of career," but it would be interesting.

Agreed.  It is in the pipeline, just not a top priority as for the cost outweighs the benefit.

The genesis of the blog:

Since inception in 2017, we've captured all HC coaching changes in CBI, the initial design included all coaches (Pitching Coach, Recruiting Coach, etc).

We know we can probably purchase a Coaching directory (later discussion)

Due to the constant changes and bandwidth challenge, we had to shut this feature down.

This summer we started  posting changes social media (twitter), which seemed to provide value.

Ah ha moment, currently on;y D1 and D3 have a coaching change blog.

Since we had the information for all, why not create a full list by year with press release.

Reached out to KPB, asked if they would be interested in reviewing data and write a blog of their choice.

KPB decided on the Topic, which was a very interesting take.

Understanding that they have provided good context, there are some other perspectives that we are brainstorming to  try to convey.

Thanks for the feedback.