Skip to main content

Reply to "Head Coaching Spots"

Had to track down some of the more local information on these... I don't really know them well personally.

Sickles had a good program for a few years.  Longtime coach stepped down prior to this year, and they didn't have a good season.  Actually from looking at it, they had a really bad season.  If I recall correctly, the school is in a fairly nice area of Tampa.

Coral Reef is in a middle class area in South Miami.  Huge amount of talent in this area, but you have to fight a lot of other schools to get it.  Didn't have a great record this year, but they play in a very tough district.  The roster looks like it was very senior filled.

Lincoln I don't know much about...  The school has a reputation as one of the better football programs in the country, so they have athletes.

Bishop Verot is a Roman Catholic school in Ft. Myers.  Plays in one of the smaller school divisions, so I would say maybe 600 students.  I know their team is currently a game or two from the state finals, so they have some talent this season.  I don't know about the future, because in the smaller school divisions - one stud player joining or leaving the team can make a huge difference.

The only opening I know of at this time is at Monarch high in Coral Springs.  Good school in a pretty good area.

I'm sure more openings will come up in the next few weeks.

It's a very diverse group of schools, and I think picking one would be very dependent on the coach and what challenges he is willing to take on.