Skip to main content

Reply to "Head Coaching Spots"

Rob T posted:

Had to track down some of the more local information on these... I don't really know them well personally.

Sickles had a good program for a few years.  Longtime coach stepped down prior to this year, and they didn't have a good season.  Actually from looking at it, they had a really bad season.  If I recall correctly, the school is in a fairly nice area of Tampa.

Coral Reef is in a middle class area in South Miami.  Huge amount of talent in this area, but you have to fight a lot of other schools to get it.  Didn't have a great record this year, but they play in a very tough district.  The roster looks like it was very senior filled.

Lincoln I don't know much about...  The school has a reputation as one of the better football programs in the country, so they have athletes.

Bishop Verot is a Roman Catholic school in Ft. Myers.  Plays in one of the smaller school divisions, so I would say maybe 600 students.  I know their team is currently a game or two from the state finals, so they have some talent this season.  I don't know about the future, because in the smaller school divisions - one stud player joining or leaving the team can make a huge difference.

The only opening I know of at this time is at Monarch high in Coral Springs.  Good school in a pretty good area.

I'm sure more openings will come up in the next few weeks.

It's a very diverse group of schools, and I think picking one would be very dependent on the coach and what challenges he is willing to take on.

Did Joe Franco from Monarch leave?  Monarch is in Coconut Creek.

Last edited by TPM