Skip to main content

Reply to "Headfirst Honor Roll is awesome"

Originally Posted by BucsFan:

Call me crazy...but, given that you were posting on this site, I went out on a limb and assumed your son was 100% committed to playing baseball in college.   That did play into my advice.  No worries, though, as it sounds like he is very well rounded athletically and academically.  Good luck.

BucsFan, I have been very, very committed to my both of my kids' athletic pursuits from youth through HS, and I'll stay committed as long as they play.  My wife and I plan to semi-retire when our 2017 goes to college, so if he plays, I would seriously buy an RV and follow his team around.  But I'm trying not to push him that way. In fact, I'm doing the opposite -- I'm telling him just how hard it's going to be if he does, and making sure he knows what the sacrifices and risks are, and making sure he understands that when he goes to school it's got to be about school.  IOW, even though I'd love to see him play and I'm willing to send him to Head First and Stanford, I'm deliberately becoming an obstacle.  He's got to convince me.

Last edited by JCG