Skip to main content

Reply to "Headfirst Honor Roll is awesome"

My 2016 son just attended the Long Island camp.  We, too, deliberated on whether to send him as a rising junior or a rising senior and we decided on rising junior for all of the reasons mentioned above (it gives him an opportunity to get on the radar of coaches; August before senior year seems too late, etc).  He is a pitcher, although I am not sure that I would call him a "stud." He pitched 86 mph, but he is rather short for a pitcher (maybe 5' 10").  A few coaches approached him at the camp and he has received some emails (mostly from D3 coaches, but a couple from D1 coaches) since the camp.  Some of the D3 coaches said in their emails that they weren't really looking at 2016's, but they noticed him and want him to keep in touch.  The D1 coaches wanted him to attend their camps.  He is very interested in pitching for an Ivy League school and he contacted those coaches before the camp and during the camp. One of those Ivy coaches told him at the camp that he (the coach) was focused on 2015's and wasn't looking at 2016's.  I think the proof will be what happens after September 1 - whether any of the D1 coaches contact him and whether other D3 coaches contact him.