Skip to main content

Reply to "Headfirst Jupiter OR Academic East vs West Top 96"

Bogey, my 2016 attended HF this summer on Long Island.  He did ok speaking with coaches - not as well as I would have hoped but it turned out well for him.  But, while I was there I heard many (and I mean a lot) of conversations between players and coaches.  The coaches are every where and many of them choose to stand between the fields so they can rotate throughout the games (others are on the field during the games).  Between innings the players come up, introduce themselves and ask the coaches to watch them on field X and chat.  Lots of discussion about SAT/ACT scores - esp from the Harvard coach.  About ten players lined up to talk to him while he watched the game my 2016 was in.  I was right next to him and most of these kids were pretty nervous.  

The coaches are open to discussion and the players catch on pretty quickly that it's ok to speak with them.  I'm not sure how Brendan facilitates discussions as we didn't try that but I did follow-up with them after the event the following week with some questions and they were very helpful.  I can't speak highly enough of the HF program.  It's expensive but was worth every penny in our case.  Another coach contacted my son last week and asked for him to visit and my wife said "that HF deal was the best thing we've ever done".  If you have any questions about it either post them here or PM me and I'll be happy to help with any info I have.