Skip to main content

Reply to "HeadFirst or Showball Showcase for July 15-16, 2019"

A 6.8 60 w/ 87 throwing velocity & 89 Exit Velo means he can absolutely play in college, it is just a matter of the right fit... Are those measureables verified through a 3rd Party & available online (such as PBR or Perfect Game)?  If so I would have him send a link with "2020 6.8 60" and his ACT score in the email heading to the recruiting coordinators of the school's he is interested in.

I doubt that every single HA D1 has finished recruiting 2020's...

the big advantages of HF & Showball is the access to the Head Coaches.  It helps a lot if they are familiar with a kid beforehand.  I would have him be extremely proactive with coaches via email in these next several weeks, regardless of what you decide to do in terms of camps...  A 6.8 60 should open doors

Many here will tell you that camps at colleges (such as Harvard Prospect Camp, Northwestern Prospect camp etc) are a waste of time and merely a money maker.  I believe that is becoming outdated information.  A camp is a great way to get evaluated in person and also for a kid to get a feel for the coaching staff & facilities.   I would plan on hitting several of those this Fall...