Skip to main content

Reply to "HeadFirst or Showball Showcase for July 15-16, 2019"

Dirtbag30 posted:
3and2Fastball posted:

A 6.8 60 w/ 87 throwing velocity & 89 Exit Velo means he can absolutely play in college, it is just a matter of the right fit... Are those measureables verified through a 3rd Party & available online (such as PBR or Perfect Game)?  

Unfortunately, no!  Trying to find a PG showcase for that reason. In the meantime, he's going to prepare his own footage to circulate.  I've read that some coaches (Yale) say to video the 60 on a football field so they can make sure it's legit.  So, until we can get a verifiable source, I don't think we're optimistic that emailing his times will matter.  

Along those lines, I asked HeadFirst if there optional video recording included the 60 and the answer was no.  So, it seems only PG offers a verifiable format for shopping your kid's measurables.

I would not be paying the premium to PG just to get the 60 verified.  Tucker Frawley at Yale is a stickler for how he wants to see video... In your son's email to Frawley or others just offer the measurables, plus video of his swing and fielding.  When you attend Showball in June you'll get the verified 60.  Save your money and attend a second Showcase late July / early August.  The HC for Yale will be at Showball….  If Frawley likes the fielding and hitting video, believe me your son will be on the Yale HC's list to look at...and verify the 60.  Tucker likes sub 6.7 60's for his MIF's.