Skip to main content

Reply to "HeadFirst or Showball Showcase for July 15-16, 2019"

Try to get to your State's PBR Top Prospect Game - in my experience this was a critical step in my son's recruitment as a rising senior/late bloomer - the event occurred prior to the summer ball season, was heavily recruited and provided tape and verifiable stats.  That exposure, coupled with tape/stats allowed him to have meaningful communication in advance of key summer tournaments (wwba, etc) where they ultimately saw him play. 

I would also leverage the PBR event in advance of whatever showcase you choose to attend - its critical to be speaking to coaches in advance of these events - treating them as an open casting call in my experience wasn't productive - its best to have a few coaches in advance expecting to see you there - same deal with tournament play on your summer team.

The main concern i have for you is your time constraints.........if things go well for you as they did for my son the biggest problem you will have is getting him to campus for visits in the midst of what sounds like an already hectic summer schedule - i hadn't planned on that which led to lots of last minute unscheduled time off and travel for both my wife and I.  Assume the tournaments go well and that you will need time mid week to take some visits.