Skip to main content

Reply to "HeadFirst or Showball Showcase for July 15-16, 2019"

So, my experience was a few years ago.  My son was looking at the same level schools you are considering.  We focused on traditional D1s, D1 Ivy and D1 Patriot up to the middle of August.   He played PG WWBA and a handful of national tournaments plus select camps, and was able to get some local D1 offers at some very good schools before August.  We signed up for HeadFirst back in February of that same year as an "insurance policy" just in case something didn't work out in the early part of the summer.  Well, it got complicated as son was looking for something very specific in his college major.   The aggressive D3s knew about him already and began recruiting him prior at the same time as the D1 Ivys and D1 Patriot schools.  He turned down the traditional D1 offers (no engineering program) and focused on D1 Ivy, D1 Patriot and top D3 programs with engineering.   My point in all of this is you have plenty of time with the D3s up until late Sept/Oct.   Focus on getting in front of those D1s now, as they are beginning to recruit kids they've already seen.   Your son needs to be seen.

BTW...You did not mention GPA, ACT or SAT scores.   I'm assuming you have everything you need there.   If you don't then that is a thread for another day.   The HA schools will pursue your son, but they will not seriously pursue your son until they have the academic metrics they need for admission.

Good luck!