Skip to main content

Reply to "HeadFirst or Showball Showcase for July 15-16, 2019"

Thanks for the helpful comments.  He's got the GPA/SAT that put him well within the 50% range of admission standards for the HA schools he's in which he's most interested.  

We were looking at the early May PBR showcase as a way to get some verified metrics (recommended by several posters) and video he could forward to coaches in advance of his summer season, where he'll be playing events most of these coaches will likely attend (PG/PBR/WWBA).  Anyone see a downside to that even if RCsare unlikely to be there?  It's only $250.  Also will be putting together a short video to send prior to the May showcase.

After that, we are looking at severeal regional showcases between tournaments that have 5-8 D1/3 schools, including the ones he likes.  While the HF/SB may be sold out if we wait to sign up, right now there's only 2-4 schools he's really interested in there so not sure if it's a good use of time/resources.  

I always wanted him to look at HA schools in the NE, and perhaps swing a shot at an Ivy, but now that depature from home is imminent, I'm not thrilled with the idea of him being so far from home (and, of course, my wife hates the idea).  I've told him for years to consider it seriously, as nothing can open doors like an Ivy degree.  But if that's just not his dream, perhaps attending showcases that consist almost exclusively of those schools is not the best way to go about it for us.

Last edited by Dirtbag30