Skip to main content

Reply to "Headfirst? Stanford Camp? Unsure"

Thanks everyone...I knew I would get some great advice on here.  The baseball team has a strength coach that works with them...as for his mechanics, he works out with a private coach and usually attends most of Jaegers camps.  Bottom line is if he gets admitted to a school like UCLA, Hopkins, or Georgetown, he will probably go...and will just attempt to walk-on so he has some closure in his own mind.  I don't see him deciding to go to some no-name school just for baseball.

He has worked hard to put himself in the position he is in with his grades, so I know he will want to take advantage of going to the best school he can.  His potential major a year ago was Engineering, but is now he's leaning toward International Relations or Political Science.  His goal is to work for the FBI or Govt Think Tank, so that's why he wants to learn more about the Svc Academies (Army or AF).....he knows that he can major in Military Inteligence and probaby be looking good for those jobs after his svc contract is over.  From the comments above, I think 80mph + is probably the floor to getting some quality D3 attention, so hopefully he can get there by Summer or Fall.

i did want to try to get him to Arizona this Fall to tryout for the Academic Game.  I heard the same thing as BOF mentioned...just trying out can be good.  I know a kid that ended up being seen by UC San Diego (D2) at the Academic game tryout and decided to go.  I loved that cause UCSD is a solid academic school and great location.