Skip to main content

Reply to "Headfirst vs Showball"

That may indeed be the HF split but because ANYONE can pay and go, I have skepticism about those percentages.   There are quite a few dreamers there (guys who have not given up the dream to play collegiately, or maybe parents who have not given up, and do not have the requisite skills).  I'm not saying they are all seniors, but the numbers are not meaningful as the split is not the same thing as boys who received offers because of HF.  

Of course it really just depends on your checkbook, and your son's skillset.  As others have mentioned as a position player, it helps to get in front of targeted coaches more than once.  As others have mentioned, Ivies have accelerated their timetables, and while they may still be looking in July (used to be August only but HF put in an east coast earlier date because Showball was eating their lunch), they pretty much know who they want by then and have many if not most slots filled.  Asterisk if your kid is throwing 90+ though.  

Son #2 went rising junior and again rising senior year.  Both helped his recruitment in different ways.  We saw a freshman there my son's rising senior year who threw high 80's but also saw a senior who threw 70's.  Believe it or not both got commitments.