Skip to main content

Reply to "Heading to PG 2016 WWBA 2017 Grads/17U National Championship"

Twoboys posted:

Surprised your team above has THREE games at PG Lakepoint; our team has only one this year, many seem to have 2, but 3 is awesome.  

It is tough for the pitchers who pitch elsewhere as they don't get all the data (last year my son pitched off site and they only had the radar on him for one inning, and he is stuck with that number in his PG profile despite going unofficially 3 mph higher on a dad's radar a few innings later).  

That's my only whine as it is an awesome tournament.  I'm not going this year, but son is playing first game right now.  His team travels and stays together, parents superfluous and a pretty sizable extra cost then.

We had a lot of fun last year, played a round of golf at a nice Bobby Jones course, had chicken and waffles, bbq, went to a diner recommended here on HSBW and it was awesome.  

The only game our team had a Lakepoint last year was when they made it to the championship round.  Almost every game was an hour ride from the hotel through Atlanta traffic.   At least we didn't have to pay for parking.  ;o)