Skip to main content

Reply to "Heard on a Recent College Visit..."

I am in agreement with the others. Sounds like a good fit at this point.

Not trying to change your mind at all here but being a skeptic, I want to comment on two things the coach said (and many other coaches say too):
quote:
The coach suggested early decision, basically to be sure my son was coming in so he can concentrate his recruiting efforts at some other positions and not worry about not having a solid catcher coming in.

Sounds good and does have some truth to it but it also says "We want to lock your son up so no one else can lure him away with a better offer."

The other thing he said is a lot more generic that we parents and players want to believe:
quote:
"We think that if you choose our school and baseball program that you have the unique opportunity to step in and make an immediate impact as a freshman..."

The words "think" and "opportunity" are used freely during recruiting talk but that is the way it is and the way it has to be. There will never be any etched in stone guarantees. It still sounds about as good as it can get and an early commitment can be a benefit to all if everything fits.
Fungo