Skip to main content

Reply to "Heard on a Recent College Visit..."

Poptime,
First of all, congratulations on the progress your son has been making in finding the right school and in developing his baseball options.
From what you have posted, the quality of the education potentially available to your son is extremely high.
On the baseball side, while I don't think coaches will look every recruit in the eye and make that type of comment, I do think it is used pretty frequently. How much to rely on it is largely dependent on how much you know about the coach and his program. With the DIII that our son attended, the Coach made similar type statements in every discussion. He went further and even explained what it meant in terms of position/progression/potential value to the team and how he expected summer league placement to work. While the amount of work our son put in can never be understated, the Coach followed through on every committment and statement he made.
Good luck to you and your son. I can almost sense the excitement in your posts. However, don't let that excitement cloud your judgement and continued research and discussions with the coach to make sure this is the right "fit."
Last edited by infielddad