Skip to main content

Reply to "Helicopter Parents - from a college dean"

Originally Posted by Bogeyorpar:

This web site immediately published an article about other types of parents:

https://www.admitsee.com/blog/...95690dc4ea-210495249

1. The Astronaut Parent: These parents are literally never around, like they’re out in space.

2. The Curling Parent: Probably the most common, these types of parents give a gentle push, and then sweep the way for their children to succeed.

3. The Helicopter Parent: The most well-known, this parent is always hovering, arguing with teachers and coaches on behalf of their child.

4. The Lawnmower Parent: The most extreme of the bunch, they don’t even leave room for hovering. Instead, they’re on their child, pushing, pushing, pushing…

Leave room for one more - the self righteous parent, the one who makes up these labels for everybody else while their way is the only true 'right way'.  I am probably in the triple digits now for saying this one, live and let live.  I truly and honestly respect everyone's right to their own value system.  Don't agree with some but that's a them issue not a me issue.  I stick to what I can control within my own family.  As for the author of the original article as I said originally I will take a pass on anything she has to stay and stick with my current core values.